Mentee Roles and Responsibilities
- For 1 year, devote time to the mentoring relationship and interact with your mentor, respecting their time.
- Reach out to and schedule a time to meet with your mentor (in-person, over phone, or through other means) within a month of matching and define specific goals between you and your mentor (see mentor and mentee goals form).
- Take full advantage of opportunities provided by your mentor.
- Keep your mentor updated on your progress throughout your schooling or career.
- Exchange ideas and experiences with your mentor during scheduled meetings (via email, in-person, phone call, or other means).
- When scheduled, please try to attend (if available) NEPA mentor/mentee events throughout the year.
Mentees are responsible for actively engaging with their mentor and interacting with them professionally.
Mentee Rules for Participation
- Must be an active member of NEPA in good standing.
- Must be currently working in the emergency preparedness field for three years or less and/or be studying emergency preparedness or related field and seeking to advance their career.
- If a student, must be a full-time or part-time student in good standing.
- Must be willing to commit to the mentorship program for the remainder of the year.
- Must complete a mentee application.
- Must be at least 18 years or of age or older to apply.